If you use a BlackBerry smartphone to read your work email, it’s likely that you also want the convenience of reading your personal email on the same phone. Combining work and personal emails in one “inbox” or “folder” might sound convenient at first, but it depends on how many emails you have or how efficiently you have setup your email rules. If you receive a lot of informational and marketing emails to your GMail, you will quickly become frustrated as you must frequently check your “work + personal” combined inbox for non-important emails.
An easy remedy to this problem is to download the Google Mobile GMail application for BlackBerry. The GMail application will create a new icon on your BlackBerry screen which will be exclusively for GMail emails. Follow these steps to setup the GMail application:
- Go to the “Setup” icon on your BlackBerry and select “Email Settings.”
- Highlight your personal email address, press the “Menu” button on your BlackBerry and select the “Delete” option
- Go to your Browser icon and navigate to Google Mobile site (http://m.google.com)
- Click on the “Gmail” link under the get our individual products section.
- Click on “Install Now” at the next screen.
- Click the “Download” button on the next screen.
- Once downloaded, sign-in to the application with your GMail login name and password
Once you have logged in to the application, you can configure many features, including which folders you would like to sync with your BlackBerry smartphone.